Tyler's Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370 (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K (buy from Amazon)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 3200 (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i (buy from Amazon)
- Case: Corsair Air 540 (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
- Wi-Fi NIC: ASUS PCE-AC88 (buy from Amazon)
- 10Gbe NIC: ASUS XG-C100C (buy from Amazon)
- Thunderbolt 3: ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 (buy from Amazon)
Wired and Wireless Throughput
LAN performance topped 949Mbps for the RS400, still inline with current routers.
The Wireless throughput chart is getting pretty long at this point, holding nearly five years of router test results. That said, the RS400 sits near the top offering 80MBps for 2.4GHz and 593Mbps for 5GHz.
Mobile throughput for the RS400 came in at 100Mbps for 2.4GHz and 532Mbps on 5GHz.
Moving into range testing, we see the RS400 near the top with 2.4GHz holding its performance through 30ft.
Looking at 5GHz performance with range, we see 532Mbps at 5ft holding through 10ft. At 20ft, performance drops to 422Mbps finishing at 430Mbps.