Package and Contents
First off as always we take a look at the packaging and what you get for your hard earned dollar. The Winfast packaging is very plain; in fact, it is the same box for all Micro ATX boards Foxconn puts out, just with a different sticker on the front of the box. This does reduce packing costs; however, it would be nice to have a more attractive box.
Foxconn provides very little information on the back of the box. They provide basic information on features that the series of boards support in a number of languages. Apart from this basic info, there is no great information on what the board itself features, so you're buying blind unless you're reading this review.
One thing that Foxconn doesn't provide is a detailed paper user manual. To save on costs a basic installation paper is included. This includes information on the cables, plugs and installation tips. For a thorough user manual, you need to install Windows and access the PDF file on the included CD.
The CD contains the detailed user manual along with all the Windows drivers, software and boot loader drivers needed to get Windows installed. This CD comes with drivers for Windows XP 64-bit if you are lucky enough to have this version.
Since the board comes with a built in graphics system, if you choose to use this setup, you get this extra bracket. This adds RGB ports to the back, allowing you to connect the system to a component video system, commonly used by HDTV's.
Lastly we have the I/O shield. All boards that come to us these days carry their own I/O shields. This is simply because the ATX port standard is now outdated, and you need to have your own I/O port cover in order to fit into the ATX cases on the market. This is good as the older AT standard needed you to have one port layout, and you couldn't change it if you wanted to - ATX and BTX allow extreme flexibility.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored series is sleeping for now, says Arkane
- Bandai Namco may be making a new horror game
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market