Tyler's Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370 (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K (buy from Amazon)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 3200 (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i (buy from Amazon)
- Case: Corsair Air 540 (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
- Wi-Fi NIC: ASUS PCE-AC88 (buy from Amazon)
- 10Gbe NIC: ASUS XG-C100C (buy from Amazon)
- Thunderbolt 3: ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 (buy from Amazon)
Setup begins by downloading and installing UniFi Controller. You will also need Java for this software.
Once complete, we initialize the software and launch the browser to begin setup.
Once we are in setup, the integrated wizard will guide you through, first by setting your time zone and country.
We then move into devices; everything on your network should show up here and be waiting for adoption.
Continuing on with the setup, we add controller access by setting up a username and password.
After running through those first few steps you will land here, likely with a white background. You can switch to dark mode on the right-hand side. From the top, the UniFi Network dashboard offers insight into your entire network from this browser window. To the left, we have Internet capacity followed by utilization numbers for each device in the chain. Further down, you will see the number of access points and clients connected. Down below each client that connects to a UniFi access point is monitored for anomalies and associating issues, including timeouts and authentication failures.
The statistics menu offers another level of analytics with clients connected and traffic moving through each. To the right, we have an overall throughput number for each access point and down below historical traffic for each client.
The map tab allows you to import and place access point on the map to better utilize coverage.
The device menu lists each UniFi solution. Clicking on any single solution offers a popup window to the right with further information and configuration if needed.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST