The UEFI BIOS is very loaded on this motherboard with a few options that are custom. For starters, you get a voltage sense option where you can have the VCore reported from the die or the socket, and ASUS implemented special hardware to offer this capability.
All overclocking settings are present and accounted for, and there are presets for memory. Fan control is present in the form of a GUI and manual input through a menu. There are also two operation modes, an EZ Mode and an Advanced mode.
Software includes Armoury Crate, AURA, DIP5, 5-Way Optimization, TPU, EPU, DIGI+ VRM, Fan Expert 4, Turbo App, AI Suite 3, AI Charger, and EZ Flash 3.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]