Like the top of the range XFX cards we have the big box with one mean looking character on the front. We can clearly see that we have a 7950GX2 along with the fact that it is a XXX version clocked at a menacing 570MHz over the default nVidia reference design speed of 500MHz.
The front of the box also shows us that included in the package is Tomb Raider: Legend, which is the latest installment to the Tomb Raider series. It is also worth noting that the XFX offerings are HDCP compliant which is the new video protection method being used for Windows Vista. If you're not looking at upgrading till after Vista is released, this is an important feature.
We also for the first time see a nice big bold "1GB DDR" message printed on the front of the box which is made possible by the two cards combining 512MB DDR3 memory together. In Quad SLI, this (would) offer us a draw dropping 2GB of DDR3 memory.
Turning the box around we have a picture of part of the card, normally there would be a window where the shot is but this time around XFX have simply placed a picture of the card on the back. We can also see a number of features that are present in the 7950GX2.
Opening up the box and diving inside we have got a few cables. We have our HDTV/TV Out connector, S-Video cable so you can make use of TV-Out straight away and a two Molex to 6-pin PCI Express connectors.
Moving to the paperwork side of things we have a quick install guide, manual, TV-Out explanation and a small product catalogue of other products that are available from XFX.
As we mentioned in the first paragraph on the front of the box we can see that Tomb Raider: Legend came with the card along with our normal driver CD. We recommend that you download the latest drivers available once you get the card(s) up and running as they almost always offer some type of performance increase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What went wrong? Ranting!]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [From 7900GX2 to 7950GX2]
- Page 5 [XFX's GeForce 7950GX2 XXX]
- Page 6 [Clock Speeds and Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2: Lost Coast HDR]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit