Packaging for this cooler rates it as being effective for Athlon processors up to 1.5GHz. I really don't think that I would use it on a clock speed of anything over the 1333 that I tested it at. Also consider that I have about 170-CFM airflow going through my case and you'll see why I am hesitant in using it on higher speeds.
While the lightweight design and quiet operation is a very nice change of pace, the overall goal here is cooling. This HSF will work just fine on a Duron system since it doesn't put out as much heat, but if you're running a high-end T-Bird system, then you might want to look for a more effective cooling solution.
Bottom Line...For machines that aren't apt to create a lot of heat, then you can use this lightweight cooler with confidence. For faster systems, look elsewhere.
Multi-lug clip mechanism
Fan not removable
Price vs. performance
Rating - 5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Vega: made on 12nm FinFET, coming in 2018
- $150 copy of NBA 2K18 costs half of Switch console price
- Xbox's Phil Spencer promoted to vice president of gaming
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower