Packaging for this cooler rates it as being effective for Athlon processors up to 1.5GHz. I really don't think that I would use it on a clock speed of anything over the 1333 that I tested it at. Also consider that I have about 170-CFM airflow going through my case and you'll see why I am hesitant in using it on higher speeds.
While the lightweight design and quiet operation is a very nice change of pace, the overall goal here is cooling. This HSF will work just fine on a Duron system since it doesn't put out as much heat, but if you're running a high-end T-Bird system, then you might want to look for a more effective cooling solution.
Bottom Line...For machines that aren't apt to create a lot of heat, then you can use this lightweight cooler with confidence. For faster systems, look elsewhere.
Multi-lug clip mechanism
Fan not removable
Price vs. performance
Rating - 5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rime on the Nintendo has been fixed, looks decent now
- Onrush launches on the 5th of June, new trailer released
- Nintendo Switch exclusive Castle of Heart gets new trailer
- The Station released today, new launch trailer is also live
- Rocket League goes comic book, new DC Super Heroes DLC pack
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit