Nokia joined the Wi-Fi market last year when it introduced the Beacon 3 in December, seven months later, on July 9th, they introduced Beacon 1 and with both units in house we start our journey with the latter; Beacon 1 Trio.
Beacon 1 is Nokia's second Wi-Fi system and the more budget-friendly of the two-current platforms. It is available as a single unit or as a three-pack; what Nokia calls Trio. This system uses application-based setup on both iOS and Android which also enables remote management along with a browser-based login to Nokia Wi-Fi Portal which gives you a large format option for monitoring your network at home or away.
Hardware for the Beacon 1 includes the Broadcom BCM6846 paired with Micron DDR3 and MXIC Flash for the OS. As for radios, we have the BCM43217 for the 2.4GHz and BCM4352 for the 5GHz; This gives the Beacon 1 300Mbps capabilities for long-range 2.4GHz and 867 Mbps for the high-speed 5GHz band. Also included are two RJ45 port for Gigabit WAN and LAN connectivity.
MSRP of the Nokia Beacon 1 comes in at $129.99 for a single node and $299.99 for the Trio. Warranty is listed at one-year.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bizarre new RPG Bleak Faith: Forsaken would make Beksinski proud
- Bungie: Activision let us do awesome things with Destiny
- Disney+ includes free 4K streaming, supports 4 simultaneous streams
- Bandai Namco: Epic Store exclusivity isn't our vision
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie announced, drops October 11 on Netflix
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best