Single Client Throughput
- HD Video Play - 720p HD stream from Windows Media Player, 256kB reads
- HD Video Record - 720p HD stream, 256kB writes
- File Copy from NAS - 4GB file copy, 64kB reads
- File Copy to NAS - 64kB writes
In testing the Qsan, I decided to test with SSD cache as well. I ran each test three times to give the NAS a chance to cache data and recorded the results. I started with NASPT or single client testing, this gave us a blue bar for standard testing and green for SSD.
Starting off with RAID 0 testing, we show our baseline numbers at 112 MB/s for playback and 116 MB/s for record. File copy to and from reach 104MB/s and 90 MB/s respectively. Adding the SSD cache, we see a 3MB/s improvement on playback, 6MB/s on File Copy to and 25MB/s with File Copy from.
RAID 5 was rather interesting showing much higher performance without the cache, though it should be noted OSM was showing a low hit rate for this data set.
RAID 6 showed a much better result with cache; 16MB/s in Video Record, 15 MB/s in File Copy to and 12 MB/s with Directory Copy.
Benchmarks - Sequential Read and Write
Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes at QD32.
RAID 0 sequential read showed no real benefit from the SSD cache; both reaching 115 - 120 MB/s across the board.
Once again, sequential performance goes down with cache and RAID 5; a 20 MB/s difference between the two.
RAID 6 showed similar results to RAID 5; likely, three passes isn't enough to warm the cache.
Moving into write performance, our 16TB Ironwolf Pro and SSD cache was held back by the Gigabit network connection.
Back over to RAID 5, we see more consistency out of write operations both the standard and SSD cache testing peaking at 118 MB/s
RAID 6 shows a slight performance advantage for the standard drive setup, no-cache.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA to host Reddit 'Ask Me Anything!' Aug 26th, Flat Earthers rally
- NASA's ISS upgraded, now sends/receives data at 75 megabytes a second
- The 'Lady and the Tramp' live-action remake airs on Disney+, Nov 12th
- Clickbait is real, Netflix thriller looks at dark side of social media
- President Trump wants to NUKE HURRICANES to stop them hitting the US
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best