MSI wows yet again with its new GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO with better-than-Founders performance without the noise and heat, as well as enough overclocking headroom that you should be able to push the card to near RTX 2080 levels of performance.
The high-end TRI-FROZR cooling solution is the centerpiece here offering up its large 2.5-slot heat sink and triple-fan cooler that keeps the card, even when overclocked and under load, at around 66C. All of this without making much noise as well, another hat tip to MSI there. The RGB lighting effects on the card also look great in any system, offering a slick and powerful card that will be the eye candy of any system.
We have yet another great member of the GAMING X range for MSI and its new RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO (which is quite the mouthful I might add). The easy overclock gave me near RTX 2080 levels of performance meaning that the upcoming RTX 2080 SUPER from MSI should be getting closer (but not as close) to the RTX 2080 Ti and that is exciting. For now, the RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO is a great card for those with less than $600 to spend.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
Performance (overclocking, power)95%
Quality (build, design, cooling)90%
General Features (display outputs, etc)90%
Bundle, Packaging & Software90%
The Bottom Line
MSI's new GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO is a kick ass card in its class, offering quiet operation even when heavily overclocked, which provides close to RTX 2080 performance. Impressive stuff.
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO
|Today||Yesterday||7 days ago||30 days ago|
* Prices last scanned on 4/6/2020 at 9:16 pm CDT - prices may not be accurate, click links above for the latest price. We may earn an affiliate commission.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Specs: Turing GPU & No GDDR6 Upgrade]
- Page 3 [Cooling Tech: TRI-FROZR Thermal Design]
- Page 4 [Detailed Look]
- Page 5 [Test System Specs]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 10 [Thermals, Power, Noise]
- Page 11 [Overclocking]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]