While our GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Founders Edition ran rather hot and definitely louder at 71C, the custom MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO ran at 66C the entire time with its fans barely spinning.
Even with its maximum overclock on both the GPU (2040-2055MHz boost GPU clock) and the GDDR6 sitting at +834MHz (15.6Gbps up from 14Gbps) we had temps of maximum 68C with fans on stock settings. Yeah... I could max them but the temps wouldn't drop drastically, so why not enjoy a QUIET overclocked card.
The stock RTX 2070 SUPER FE used 290W total in our Core i7-8700K test bed while the custom MSI RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO consumed 300W, and while heavily overclocked 360-390W depending on the game.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Specs: Turing GPU & No GDDR6 Upgrade]
- Page 3 [Cooling Tech: TRI-FROZR Thermal Design]
- Page 4 [Detailed Look]
- Page 5 [Test System Specs]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 10 [Thermals, Power, Noise]
- Page 11 [Overclocking]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]