Out of the Box Performance: Blender, Handbrake, SuperPI, and ScienceMark
In the Blender Benchmark, we see that Intel still has the lead at the same core count, but they definitely don't at the same price point. We see in our handbrake tests that Intel is still doing quite good, but AMD is definitely closing that gap.
We see some shockingly good memory bandwidth scores in ScienceMark, but the program also failed to recognize the new memory structure, so it went to its default test. However, AMD has made great improvements in this legacy test and is beating Intel at the same core count. SuperPI is where we see that low memory write bandwidth hurt AMD with the 3700X, and it shows how Intel's high frequency and architecture is still doing well.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPUs and Cooler]
- Page 3 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [Performance: Blender, Handbrake, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, GTA:V & More]
- Page 7 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 8 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]