Radeon RX 5700 XT: Designed to Perform
AMD put much more effort into the reference model of its Radeon RX 5700 XT this time around not just in style, but in cooling technology. Radeon RX Vega 56 and 64 reference cards were a hot mess, as they were simply so freaking loud and hot no matter what you did. Navi is on 7nm so a lot of that heavy lifting comes from the node process, but the tweaks AMD did into RDNA and the use of GDDR6 make a big difference, too.
Under the hood of the Radeon RX 5700 XT reference card is actually a great cooler (especially when compared to the lower-end Radeon RX 5700 cooler) with an aluminum alloy shroud and backplate, with air flow optimized and "acoustically tuned" contour design. Don't worry, virtually all of the tech press at the AMD Next Horizon Gaming event all joked about the design and style of the contour on Radeon RX 5700 XT.
AMD is using vapor chamber cooling mixed with an efficient heat diffusion with graphite thermal interface material (TIM), another big difference between the 5700 XT and stock 5700. The Radeon RX 5700 XT actually has a great cooler, keeping it cooler than the Radeon RX 5700.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Specs: RDNA Powers Navi GPU Architecture]
- Page 3 [Specs: Navi GPU + 7nm Node + PCIe 4.0]
- Page 4 [Specs Compare: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 5 [Cooling Tech: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 6 [Detailed Look: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 7 [Test System Specs]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Full Xbox One backward compatibility list of games
- Mortal Kombat Movie is R-rated, will have BRUTAL fatalities
- Netflix slices out brutal suicide scene from 13 Reasons Why
- Twitch Streamers boycott themselves on Amazon's Prime Day
- If you cheat in Overwatch, Blizzard will shut down your game
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- HyperX Announces First Wireless Headset Under $100
- Asphalt 9: Legends starts the second lap of the ESL Mobile Open presented by AT&T
- Best Summer Job Ever? You Can Now Get Paid To Be A 'Gamesologist'
- Must Dash Amigos | Xbox Launch Delayed PC Date Announced
- Math Facts Mahjong - Educational game for learning math facts