AMD has pulled off a successful launch of so many new products with the next-gen Zen 2 CPU architecture and Navi GPU architecture both hitting 7nm on 7/7, AMD is also using numerology on its side for some kind of voodoo magic I guess. The new Zen 2 processors are something we've also looked at today with Steven's review on those here, and as the GPU editor I will be doing some benchmarking on the new Ryzen 7 3700X and X570/PCIe 4.0 platform in the coming weeks through my entire suite -- that work has already started.
The new Radeon RX 5700 XT might not be the best graphics card on the market but it doesn't need to be, it needed to land somewhere better than Vega and somewhere under or equal to SUPER, and it does just that. In some things it loses, in some games it equals, and in some games it beats its competitors (either in itself with Vega, or with NVIDIA and GeForce GTX/RTX series graphics cards).
Wrapping things up, AMD has done a great job here with the Radeon RX 5700 XT. I don't like the RX 5700 as much as I hoped, but the RX 5700 XT is a surprising card that has me wanting to test it much more. Not just in reference form but in custom cards from the likes of MSI and SAPPHIRE... I can't wait to see how far the Navi 10 GPU can be pushed with additional cooling and power limits removed or lifted.
For now, I want to hear YOUR thoughts on the Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 whether it be from my review or other reviews/data you've seen online. What do you think? Are you impressed with Navi so far? What do you think about the performance? What about the pricing? Will you be upgrading, and if so -- is Navi enough to pull you away from SUPER?
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
Performance (overclocking, power)90%
Quality (build, design, cooling)90%
General Features (display outputs, etc)90%
Bundle, Packaging & Software90%
The Bottom Line
AMD positions itself much better with gamers thanks to the new Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700. It trades blows with the new GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER and even the RTX 2070, all thanks to the Navi GPU, 7nm node, and GDDR6 tech. I want to see the same momentum for Radeon as Ryzen has, going forward, though.
MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT
|Today||Yesterday||7 days ago||30 days ago|
* Prices last scanned on 6/1/2020 at 10:56 am CDT - prices may not be accurate, click links above for the latest price. We may earn an affiliate commission.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Specs: RDNA Powers Navi GPU Architecture]
- Page 3 [Specs: Navi GPU + 7nm Node + PCIe 4.0]
- Page 4 [Specs Compare: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 5 [Cooling Tech: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 6 [Detailed Look: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 7 [Test System Specs]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 12 [Thermals, Power & Noise]
- Page 13 [Overclocking]
- Page 14 [Performance Thoughts]
- Page 15 [What's Hot, What's Not]
- Page 16 [Final Thoughts]