Great Performance: This is the type of performance I was expecting: edging out the older Radeon RX Vega graphics cards, but AMD needed the new 7nm node to get over that line. The gains are there, and in some cases the new Radeon RX 5700 XT beats out the RTX 2060, RTX 2060 SUPER, and even the RTX 2070 SUPER. I can see a higher-end Radeon RX 5800 XT or RX 5900 XT coming out and beating the RTX 2080, RTX 2080 SUPER and possibly, just possibly, even the RTX 2080 Ti. Navi 20, perhaps.
AMD Is First With 7nm GPU: AMD had the world's first 7nm GPU with Vega 20 and the Radeon VII, but this is the world's first proper 7nm gaming GPU: Navi 10. The new Radeon RX 5700 XT has its 7nm GPU as its heart, and showing that AMD is still like its old self -- pushing technological boundaries that its much bigger competitor hasn't done just yet. AMD has both 7nm GPUs and CPUs on the market now, as of 7/7.
GDDR6 Memory: I'm a huge fan of the shift from HBM and HBM2 on the Radeon RX Vega 56/64 and Radeon VII cards, respectively, to GDDR6. GDDR6 is nowhere near the GPU so we have less heat, and it can have tons of bandwidth and in some cases - near equal performance to the HBM2 on the Radeon VII, which is a much faster, and much more expensive graphics card. It also brings AMD up to VRAM parity with NVIDIA.
Great-Looking Card + Packaging:The physical aesthetics of the retail packaging might not sound like much but as someone who worked in IT retail selling this type of hardware, it'll go along way to draw eyes to it on retail shelves. The card itself I really dig the look of, too.
Navi's New Features: AMD has a lot of new features under the Navi GPU hood, something I plan to explore in the coming weeks. Radeon Anti-Lag, and the like are all exciting new toys for gamers (and especially reviewers) to play with extensively.
Last Minute Price Drop: In the 48 hours leading up to the NDA lifting on the Radeon RX 5700 XT and Radeon RX 5700 reviews, AMD dropped the price of the cards. The original $449 price on the RX 5700 XT drops to $399 and the original $379 price on the RX 5700 down to $349. It's good, but it would've been better if it had been from the start. Still, can't complain about paying less for something, can we?
Last Minute Price Drop: Would've been nice to have this price from the start...
2016 Era Performance: It's the second half of 2019 and we're enjoying 2016 performance on the latest and greatest 7nm node and GDDR6 memory... I want more performance, so I'm hoping to see something better from AMD, and soon. I'm hearing rumbles that Navi 20 will be much more powerful, so here's hoping.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Specs: RDNA Powers Navi GPU Architecture]
- Page 3 [Specs: Navi GPU + 7nm Node + PCIe 4.0]
- Page 4 [Specs Compare: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 5 [Cooling Tech: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 6 [Detailed Look: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 7 [Test System Specs]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Full Xbox One backward compatibility list of games
- Mortal Kombat Movie is R-rated, will have BRUTAL fatalities
- Netflix slices out brutal suicide scene from 13 Reasons Why
- Twitch Streamers boycott themselves on Amazon's Prime Day
- If you cheat in Overwatch, Blizzard will shut down your game
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- HyperX Announces First Wireless Headset Under $100
- Asphalt 9: Legends starts the second lap of the ESL Mobile Open presented by AT&T
- Best Summer Job Ever? You Can Now Get Paid To Be A 'Gamesologist'
- Must Dash Amigos | Xbox Launch Delayed PC Date Announced
- Math Facts Mahjong - Educational game for learning math facts