1080p Performance Thoughts
AMD concentrated on both 1920x1080 and 2560x1440 gaming results with its new Navi-based Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700, which is where I'll be concentrating my performance thoughts on. No one is going to be buying a new Radeon RX 5700 series card for 4K.
We'll start with Middle-earth: Shadow of War like I did with my performance thoughts on the GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, with the new Radeon RX 5700 XT beating out the HBM2-based Radeon VII by a single frame per second. The new Radeon RX 5700 XT scores 129FPS average in Shadow of War at 1080p Ultra, beating the GTX 1080 Ti and is neck and neck with the new GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER with its 130FPS (but slays the normal RTX 2060 and its 100FPS average).
Far Cry New Dawn sees some more great performance with 104FPS average from the Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700, smack bang in the middle of the RTX 2060 and RTX 2060 SUPER.
Metro Exodus reduces GPUs to dust and there's a big challenge taken by the new Navi GPU and the Radeon RX 5700 XT with 72FPS average, just 1FPS from the Radeon VII and here we see it beating out the RTX 2060, RTX 2060 SUPER, and even the RTX 2070 losing to the new RTX 2070 SUPER by just 4FPS.
1440p Performance Thoughts
This is where things get serious, as the Radeon RX 5700 XT and its GDDR6 are no match for the brute force of GeForce RTX cards - hell, even the older-gen GTX 1080 Ti matches the brand new RX 5700 XT in Shadow of War at 1440p Ultra. The new RTX 2060 SUPER beats the RX 5700 XT by 2FPS, while it kicks the regular RTX 2060s ass as that scores just 72FPS versus the RX 5700 XT and its 91FPS average.
Taking a look at Shadow of the Tomb Raider we have the Radeon RX 5700 XT pushing out 104FPS average which is virtually identical to the Radeon VII, and beating out the RTX 2060 by a huge margin as the RTX 2060 is only capable of 63FPS here -- meaning the RX 5700 XT is 65% faster. The new RTX 2060 SUPER even loses to the Radeon RX 5700 XT, and so too does the regular RTX 2070 -- it's only the new RTX 2070 SUPER that beats the RX 5700 XT in Shadow of the Tomb Raider at 1440p Ultra.
I have some real-world gaming performance numbers with Overwatch and Apex Legends coming soon, so stay tuned!
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Specs: RDNA Powers Navi GPU Architecture]
- Page 3 [Specs: Navi GPU + 7nm Node + PCIe 4.0]
- Page 4 [Specs Compare: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 5 [Cooling Tech: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 6 [Detailed Look: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 7 [Test System Specs]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Full Xbox One backward compatibility list of games
- Mortal Kombat Movie is R-rated, will have BRUTAL fatalities
- Netflix slices out brutal suicide scene from 13 Reasons Why
- Twitch Streamers boycott themselves on Amazon's Prime Day
- If you cheat in Overwatch, Blizzard will shut down your game
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- HyperX Announces First Wireless Headset Under $100
- Asphalt 9: Legends starts the second lap of the ESL Mobile Open presented by AT&T
- Best Summer Job Ever? You Can Now Get Paid To Be A 'Gamesologist'
- Must Dash Amigos | Xbox Launch Delayed PC Date Announced
- Math Facts Mahjong - Educational game for learning math facts