I haven't had as much time with the new Radeon RX 5700 series as I did with GeForce RTX 20 SUPER cards, but I have been working 18-hour days for two weeks to get all of this done and in that time I have spent a chunk of it with Navi. I wasn't expecting much out of the reference Radeon RX 5700 XT, but AMD easily proved me wrong.
During my Vega 56/64 testing (back when I reviewed the cards, and even now) they are near impossible to touch after a few hours of heavy benchmark sessions. They're simply too hot, but the new 7nm node and a much better cooler help the Radeon RX 5700 XT achieve a really kick ass operating temperature that allowed me to continue to touch the card during testing without burning my hand, and not sizzling it off when I removed the card from the system.
Kudos, AMD - this is one of your best reference cards yet. I kinda like the kink in the card, too...
AMD reigns in its power consumption in a big way with Navi when compared to Vega, but the power efficiency of Turing is far superior as the much faster GeForce RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti barely use any more power compared to the Radeon RX 5700 XT. Sure, look at the numbers -- our full system with the Radeon RX Vega 64 (14nm + HBM2) uses 360W+ while the Radeon RX 5700 XT uses 285W or so and keeps up with, sometimes loses to, and sometimes beats Vega 64.
The lower-end Radeon RX 5700 isn't too bad at all with power consumption, coming in under the GeForce RTX 2060 and its 220W and the GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with 225W.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Specs: RDNA Powers Navi GPU Architecture]
- Page 3 [Specs: Navi GPU + 7nm Node + PCIe 4.0]
- Page 4 [Specs Compare: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 5 [Cooling Tech: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 6 [Detailed Look: Radeon RX 5700 XT vs RX 5700]
- Page 7 [Test System Specs]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Full Xbox One backward compatibility list of games
- Mortal Kombat Movie is R-rated, will have BRUTAL fatalities
- Netflix slices out brutal suicide scene from 13 Reasons Why
- Twitch Streamers boycott themselves on Amazon's Prime Day
- If you cheat in Overwatch, Blizzard will shut down your game
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- HyperX Announces First Wireless Headset Under $100
- Asphalt 9: Legends starts the second lap of the ESL Mobile Open presented by AT&T
- Best Summer Job Ever? You Can Now Get Paid To Be A 'Gamesologist'
- Must Dash Amigos | Xbox Launch Delayed PC Date Announced
- Math Facts Mahjong - Educational game for learning math facts