What's Hot, What's Not
The new SUPER graphics cards from NVIDIA really are a great kicker in the Turing GPU range, with the new RTX 2060 SUPER being an even more impressive upgrade over its predecessor, while the RTX 2070 SUPER is a good, but not OMG wow upgrade oiver the RTX 2070. Still, to see this additional performance in all areas in all games at all resolutions, you can't complain about that. NVIDIA is also doing this all on the 12nm node versus AMD hitting the 7nm node on the new Navi-based Radeon RX 5700 series cards.
$1199 TITAN Xp Performance For $499:
Yeah, it's pretty insane... NVIDIA debuted the Pascal-based TITAN Xp for $1199 and used it as a super-crazy high-end version of the GTX 1080 Ti. The new RTX 2080 Ti is kinda like the 'new TITAN Xp' in terms of the huge performance gap between the RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti, so to get what people paid $1199 not too long ago for $499 in the new GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER? That's a kick ass deal.
I'm only warming up to ray tracing and will have a larger article that dives into ray tracing performance of Metro Exodus, Battlefield V, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I still think having the ability to play ray tracing-capable games is a good one, and with the additional muscle that the RTX 20 SUPER cards brings, ray tracing now matters. Expect more on this in the next week or two.
NVIDIA is giving away copies of two massive games in Wolfenstein: Youngblood and Control with all RTX SUPER series graphics cards, with Control launching on August 27 and featuring some of the best real-time ray tracing effects yet. I personally tried out Control running on a GeForce RTX SUPER series graphics card at the SUPER unveiling event during E3 2019 a couple of weeks ago and spent time turning RTX off and on. The results were nothing short of amazing in Control, so that's a nice bonus game with SUPER cards to get.
Custom Cards Are Doing Well:
As I was writing the end of this review my testing on MSI's new GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO was complete, and I can't wait to share the results with you guys. This is something I was looking forward to, and I'm not disappointed. Spoiler alert: the RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO runs at just 66C with fans on default speeds when heavily overclocked, and delivers near RTX 2080 performance.
RTX 2060/2070 Will Be Phased Out: It looks like there won't be a price drop of the current GeForce RTX 2060 and RTX 2070 as whatever is left of them will be it, as they'll slowly be replaced with the newer, and much better SUPER versions. This doesn't mean the RTX 2060 and RTX 2070 are discontinued immediately, but it would've been nice to have cards at $50-$100+ increments from the RTX 2060 through to the RTX 2080 Ti.
RTX 2060 SUPER Is A Bigger Upgrade: NVIDIA put a lot of work into the RTX 2060 SUPER and it breaks away from the current RTX 2060 in a big way, but the same can't be said for the RTX 2070 SUPER. It has great performance, but the RTX 2060 SUPER upgrade on its memory bandwidth over the RTX 2060 is a huge change.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Full Xbox One backward compatibility list of games
- Mortal Kombat Movie is R-rated, will have BRUTAL fatalities
- Netflix slices out brutal suicide scene from 13 Reasons Why
- Twitch Streamers boycott themselves on Amazon's Prime Day
- If you cheat in Overwatch, Blizzard will shut down your game
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- HyperX Announces First Wireless Headset Under $100
- Asphalt 9: Legends starts the second lap of the ESL Mobile Open presented by AT&T
- Best Summer Job Ever? You Can Now Get Paid To Be A 'Gamesologist'
- Must Dash Amigos | Xbox Launch Delayed PC Date Announced
- Math Facts Mahjong - Educational game for learning math facts