The Cylon comes in a mostly black printed box with a lighter hue outlining the lines of the chassis. There are also some key marketing points and features to help better explain what the Cylon is made for and capable of. One area of concern is that the box shows up to 240mm radiator whereas the box shows' max 240mm radiator'.
I'm not sure what that's about, but since Aerocools website and specs list it as 120mm only, I must assume something in the marketing and design for the box went wrong on this one. (Note: I did find that you can indeed mount a 240mm radiator to the removable 5.25" breakaway cover, but I did opt to avoid that and instead went with a more suitable air cooled testbench)
Here Aerocool lists some of the key marketing points for the Cylon in several languages. Mainly RGB lighting, the possibly mistaken radiator fitment, and max GPU and CPU cooler sizes. And of course a notation of a dual chamber design which is what Aerocool is calling the inclusion of a PSU shroud.
Here we see the large opposing side of the box is unchanged and precisely the same as the first side.
The final skinny side of the packaging lists out the spec sheet which differs from the one we copied from Aerocool's website for the Cylon. Also, note there is a checkbox at the top of the box showing with or without PSU.
Lower cost chassis like this tend to come with options to include a budget PSU as well, and usually show up as barebones kits you can buy from some electronics retailers or etailers. This also is something that many system integrators may use for budget type builds where cost is the highest concern for a user looking for a more basic configuration.
The packaging is hard Styrofoam end caps enveloping the top and bottom of the chassis. The case is also wrapped in a plastic bag to avoid marring of the surfaces during any vibration in transit.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director