Discrete GPU: While the MX 130 might not be as good as NVIDIA's mobile gaming GPUs, if your application can utilize a discrete graphics card, this notebook has one in such a flexible form factor.
Very Lightweight: One aspect of the notebook we really enjoyed was how lightweight it was. These days with larger batteries a lot of notebooks weigh a lot, which makes them cumbersome to take around.
Display and Camera: A lot of new notebooks with thin bezels have their cameras moved to the bottom of the screen, and personally we don't really like the camera placed there due to weird angles. On this notebook, you get the camera at the top of the notebook.
WIFI: The WIFI was a bit underwhelming.
The Lenovo Flex 14 is a very versatile notebook with a solid array of features in a very slim form factor. The inclusion of the MX 130 is a nice touch, and if you have an application that can use its acceleration, then it's not a bad thing to have. The price is also very reasonable.
While the WIFI wasn't the most impressive, the storage performance of the notebook was. Battery life and thermals are what you might expect from a very thin notebook with a discrete GPU. Overall, if you are looking for a goto notebook for your everyday tasks, this one should meet your needs at a reduced budget.
The Bottom Line
Chiming in at under $1,000 with a dedicated GPU, the Lenovo Flex 6 offers a decent amount of value and features.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director