Game Load Time
On this page, we move over to real workloads. The first is loading scenes from the game Final Fantasy: Stormblood. The 1TB Team Group MP34 performs well in this test, loading the scenes in less than 14 seconds total.
PCMark 8 Total Storage Bandwidth
The PCMark 8 Storage Test uses a wide range of applications that we put into an average throughput score. The 1TB MP34 performs around the same as the other E12-based drives we've tested like the BPX Pro and the PNY CS3030 from last week.
PCMark 8 Extended Storage Test
The PCMark 8 Extended Storage Test uses the same nine applications as the previous test but starts with by preconditioning the drives into a dirty state. The applications run in different stages with the recovery phase being the most similar to a drive after you've put some miles on it, so to speak. This is where we see a much larger divide between the BPX Pro and the newer MP34. Both perform about the same in the recovery phases, but the MP34 doesn't have the same performance under heavy workloads.
SYSmark 2014 SE System Responsiveness and Power Tests
The Responsiveness Test comes from the SYSmark 2014 SE suite that uses real-world applications in an office environment. The software walks the PC through a typical day in the office all the way down to the coffee breaks.
In this test, we want the highest score possible, but anything over the base score of 1,000 is good for a modern SSD. The 1TB MP34 breaks past the barrier that we determine to be acceptable in our Lenovo Y700-17 gaming notebook.
MobileMark 2012 1.5 Notebook Battery Life
We use the same notebook in our battery life test. The software changes to MobileMark, and it uses a typical office day model. Notebook battery life is the weak link with Phison E12 SSDs. The 1TB MP34 gets close to, but doesn't surpass the 5-hour mark.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director