Bloober Team has once again proven they're the masters at unique horror storytelling. I'm absolutely blown away by the dazzling spectacle of weirdness that is Layers of Fear 2 and am spellbound by the amazing attention to detail the team spent on their haunted cruise liner. The game almost defies logic and reality itself: it's like the magic of an ultra-creative feature-length film was condensed to the point of maximum potency, but also stretched out to last a cool 10 hours of interactive storytelling.
This particular slice of horror isn't just a game, though. It's something beyond, something on the fringes that can't easily be defined. I'm glad these types of experiences exist--make no mistake, Layers of Fear 2 isn't just a game but an experience--and we absolutely need more experimental artistic creations like this in the games industry.
Layers of Fear 2 is a must-have game for any horror fan, especially those who enjoy movies from directors like Hitchcock, Kubrick, Melies, Lang, and Lynch. It also helps to have an undying passion for shows like The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, and Twin Peaks.
+ Incredibly bizarre visuals that go beyond anything I've seen
+ Powerful, harrowing storyline
+ Suspenseful atmosphere
+ Masterful blend of horror themes and films
+ Haunted ghost ship is captivating and compelling
+ Creative puzzles blended with macabre style
- Minor performance hiccups here and there
- Alt tabbing sometimes led to black screens
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 2K Games is making ANOTHER multiplayer game
- FSP intro new SFX DAGGER PRO 650W and 550W PSUs
- Mario Maker 2 turns the Switch into a 3DS
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Quarantine beta sign-ups available
- Gearbox announce Penn & Teller troll VR game F.U.U.U & U
- Aerocool Cylon Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- track pad stops responding
- Kensington SD2000p Nano USB-C Dock Review
- Phison PS5016-E16 PCIe 4.0 SSD First Look Preview
- Update Intel RAID ROM - How to do it?
- Minecraft notes a transcultural success in China with over 1.36 billion mod downloads
- Gearbox Raises The Curtain on Penn and Teller VR: Frankly Unfair, Unkind, Unnecessary & Underhanded, Launching June 27
- Turn-based RPG Fort Triumph receives major update, final version to come in Q1 2020 to PC and consoles
- Taiwan International Balloon Festival lifts off from Luye Highlands on June 29
- Save the Multiverse Today With the Xbox One Release of Double Cross