Design + Features
Seriously guys, gaming on the ASUS ROG Strix XG49VQ is like gaming on 2 x 27-inch 1080p gaming monitors side-by-side with no bezels in-between the displays. It is an awesome experience at least for 1080p gaming.
One of the better features on a super-ultra-wide monitor would definitely have to be the picture-by-picture mode that lets you grab up to three content sources - letting you use other devices like a laptop connect to your display and provide the image side-by-side with your desktop PC or console. Pretty damn cool.
I don't think many people will use the GamePlus technology features, but ASUS include them on the ROG Strix XG49VQ. One of the useful ones for me would be the frame counter for people who don't use other third-party frame counters.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Design + Features]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look: ASUS ROG Strix XG49VQ]
- Page 4 [FreeSync 2 + HDR]
- Page 5 [Connectivity & Detailed Specifications]
- Page 6 [Gaming on the ASUS ROG Strix XG49VQ]
- Page 7 [Test System Specs]
- Page 8 [Final Thoughts]
- Page 9 [Bonus! 32:9 Gaming Screenshots (33MB worth!)]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 2K Games is making ANOTHER multiplayer game
- FSP intro new SFX DAGGER PRO 650W and 550W PSUs
- Mario Maker 2 turns the Switch into a 3DS
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Quarantine beta sign-ups available
- Gearbox announce Penn & Teller troll VR game F.U.U.U & U
- Aerocool Cylon Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- track pad stops responding
- Kensington SD2000p Nano USB-C Dock Review
- Phison PS5016-E16 PCIe 4.0 SSD First Look Preview
- Update Intel RAID ROM - How to do it?
- Minecraft notes a transcultural success in China with over 1.36 billion mod downloads
- Gearbox Raises The Curtain on Penn and Teller VR: Frankly Unfair, Unkind, Unnecessary & Underhanded, Launching June 27
- Turn-based RPG Fort Triumph receives major update, final version to come in Q1 2020 to PC and consoles
- Taiwan International Balloon Festival lifts off from Luye Highlands on June 29
- Save the Multiverse Today With the Xbox One Release of Double Cross