Game Load Time
The Game Load Time test comes from the Final Fantasy: Stormblood game. The WD Black SN750 with a heat sink does load the game slightly faster than the non-heat sink version.
PCMark 8 Total Storage Bandwidth
PCMark 8 uses a wider variety of applications to determine disk performance. The WD Black SN750 1TB with a heat sink performs slightly better than the non-heat sink version under these consumer-focused workloads.
PCMark 8 Extended Storage Test
The PCMark 8 Extended Storage Test uses the same consumer applications but preconditions the storage media first with a heavy workout to force a steady-state condition. The first several iterations of the test run nonstop. The drives have to perform cleanup operations while also serving the IO to the system.
The recovery phase pauses the workload for five minutes between each test to allow the drive to perform cleanup operations without system IO. The recovery phases are what we usually look at for consumer SSDs, but in this case, we want to see if the heat sink allows the Black SN750 to work better under heavy workloads.
The heat sink model does outperform the non-heat sink model through most of the heavy phases on the extended test. The heat sink allows the drive to perform more consistently. There is a small difference in the recovery phases where the drives can cool off after performing the background cleanup operations.
SYSmark 2014 SE System Responsiveness and Power Tests
The Responsiveness Test runs in a Lenovo Ideapad Y700-17 gaming notebook like the battery life test below. Surprisingly, this system provides enough room for the heat sink, but very few modern notebooks do.
The test suite uses real applications, but the workload focuses on office tasks. It's not a workstation level workload by any means.
In this test, both Black SN750 SSDs deliver nearly identical performance.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Metro Exodus Epic Store exclusivity deal made lots of money
- Next Call of Duty isn't called MW4, just Modern Warfare
- Tom Hanks says Toy Story 4 has an 'emotional' series ending
- Dauntless gains 500,000 players in 1 day, 4 million in total
- Mutant Year Zero new DLC 'Seed of Evil' adds new character
- Layers of Fear 2 Review: Lynchian Horror at its Finest
- SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Problems with ryzen 5 2400g and ASRock B450M-HLD R4.0
- Freesync not working on monitor?
- Type SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Aussie Indie Studio Melt Games Releases Endless Adventures In Mount Frosty
- Final Fantasy XIV Online Surpasses 16 Million Players Worldwide
- Cambridge Mobile Telematics Releases Data on Driving Behaviors around Memorial Day Weekend
- Bust a Move and Break a Sweat 'Wave Circles' is Now Available on Steam
- Futuristic Co-op Action RPG Killsquad Coming to Early Access on Steam this Summer