As with nearly all performance-oriented components, I wanted to see if the new kid on the block had any overclocking potential. Since the XTX model is currently the fastest product in the Radeon corral, I wasn't expecting a whole lot of headroom in my attempts. From the default settings of 650MHz core and 775MHz memory, I was able to overclock to 679/797. While not a huge increase, we're at the top level of performance anyway and I was still able to get some more frames out of the test suite. These two graphs will give you an idea what I mean:
When testing the overclocked board, I used only the 1600x1200 resolution. This just made it simpler to keep everything clear since all the OC testing was completed at one resolution. As a rule, I was able to attain an extra 3-4% in all tests.
For those who have not seen my overclocking criteria before, I only accept a value if there are NO artifacts and glitches. If any sort of corruption shows up on screen, I disregard the speed and reduce it until I get the maximum speed with no discrepancies. In the case of the GeCube board tested, this was the stated 679/797MHz speed mentioned.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- ASUS installs malware onto tens of thousands of PCs
- Network Next boss teases reducing latency by 20-30ms
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019