As with nearly all performance-oriented components, I wanted to see if the new kid on the block had any overclocking potential. Since the XTX model is currently the fastest product in the Radeon corral, I wasn't expecting a whole lot of headroom in my attempts. From the default settings of 650MHz core and 775MHz memory, I was able to overclock to 679/797. While not a huge increase, we're at the top level of performance anyway and I was still able to get some more frames out of the test suite. These two graphs will give you an idea what I mean:
When testing the overclocked board, I used only the 1600x1200 resolution. This just made it simpler to keep everything clear since all the OC testing was completed at one resolution. As a rule, I was able to attain an extra 3-4% in all tests.
For those who have not seen my overclocking criteria before, I only accept a value if there are NO artifacts and glitches. If any sort of corruption shows up on screen, I disregard the speed and reduce it until I get the maximum speed with no discrepancies. In the case of the GeCube board tested, this was the stated 679/797MHz speed mentioned.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Nov patch: New Boss/Quests & More
- Fortnite update intros 'Food Fight' Limited Time Mode, more
- MSI debuts GeForce RTX 2070 AERO ITX, the first small Turing
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms