As with nearly all performance-oriented components, I wanted to see if the new kid on the block had any overclocking potential. Since the XTX model is currently the fastest product in the Radeon corral, I wasn't expecting a whole lot of headroom in my attempts. From the default settings of 650MHz core and 775MHz memory, I was able to overclock to 679/797. While not a huge increase, we're at the top level of performance anyway and I was still able to get some more frames out of the test suite. These two graphs will give you an idea what I mean:
When testing the overclocked board, I used only the 1600x1200 resolution. This just made it simpler to keep everything clear since all the OC testing was completed at one resolution. As a rule, I was able to attain an extra 3-4% in all tests.
For those who have not seen my overclocking criteria before, I only accept a value if there are NO artifacts and glitches. If any sort of corruption shows up on screen, I disregard the speed and reduce it until I get the maximum speed with no discrepancies. In the case of the GeCube board tested, this was the stated 679/797MHz speed mentioned.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- Overwatch director hints at cross-platform opportunities
- Deadpool 2 fails to beat Deadpool's opening weekend revenue
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit