Tyler's Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370 (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K (buy from Amazon)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 3200 (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i (buy from Amazon)
- Case: Corsair Air 540 (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
- Wi-Fi NIC: ASUS PCE-AC88 (buy from Amazon)
- 10Gbe NIC: ASUS XG-C100C (buy from Amazon)
- Thunderbolt 3: ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 (buy from Amazon)
The 221 takes advantage of Terramaster new TOS 4 firmware or operating system. Setup is pretty straight forward following the WebGUI.
After setup and login, we land on the dashboard and as you can see it much more modern than past systems. To the left, we have icons for file manager, applications and control panel along with a few others.
Within the applications menu, there is a set of recommended apps, these include multimedia and iTunes server along with plex and Dropbox.
Control panel includes menu options for users, group and shared folder at the top. Through the middle, we have network options and storage setup. At the bottom, we have system information and general settings.
Services supported on the 221 include, Windows File Service or SMB, iSCSI and FTP. To the right we have NFS and AFS along with Web Server and SQL.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [F2-221 NAS Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Performance and Final Thoughts]