Game Load Time
Moving over to real-world performance, we start with the Final Fantasy: Stormblood game load time benchmark. The 2TB BPX Pro only trails the Samsung 960 Pro by .8 seconds and is even closer to the HP EX950. The BPX Pro loads the game levels much faster than the Samsung 960 EVO.
PCMark 8 Total Storage Bandwidth
The PCMark 8 Storage Test uses a broader group of applications to measure storage performance. The 2TB BPX Pro trails the similar sized EX950, but only by a small margin under a light workload.
PCMark 8 Extended Storage Test
The PCMark 9 Extended Storage Test uses the same applications as the standard test, but starts with the drives in steady state. The drives have to work through the preconditioning workload and then the actual tests without idle time before given five-minute breaks to recovery. The BPX Pro and the EX950 both fall off under extreme workloads. The drive do recovery quickly when a reasonable amount of idle time.
SYSmark 2014 SE System Responsiveness and Power Tests
The 2TB capacity of the MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro is the least responsive of the four sizes we've tested. The drive is still very responsive in our testing, but it would be a much better drive with Micron's 64L TLC flash.
Notebook Battery Life
The one area where every Phison E12-based SSD we've tested has trouble is in our notebook battery life test with the drive in a Lenovo Y700-17 gaming system. We scored nearly 5-hours in our test, and that's a decent score for the system used. Most other consumer NVMe SSDs score better, though.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Yep, Dying Light 2 has been confirmed to have ray tracing tech
- 'Exciting' Age of Empires IV news teed up for Gamescom 2019
- Watch Dogs: Legion also receives RTX ray tracing upgrades
- NVIDIA taking COD: Modern Warfare graphics to never before seen levels
- SpaceX's cosmic Roadster driver 'Starman' completes first lap of Sun
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director