LAN and WLAN Throughput
As mentioned in the beginning, 802.11ax testing is currently done with the Intel 9260 2x2 solution. Peak rates of this solution are 300mbps on the 2.4GHz and 1.73Gbps on the 5GHz band using 160MHz. The ROG Rapture is capable of 1148Mbps on the 2.4GHz and 4804Mbps on the each of its two 5GHz bands.
Comparisons for 802.11ax are short, but this list will grow as we move through the year. For now, we have the AX88U, and ROG Rapture tested. Both achieving solid wired throughput.
Moving into WLAN, we start off with 2.4GHz reaching 91Mbps for the ROG Rapture.
Over to 5GHz, we see 80MHZ reach 659.59 a touch faster than the AX88U and with 160MHz 929MBps the full potential of our wired connection.
Range testing is done with an iPhoneXR running iOS 12. For this test, I physically move my phone away from the router in increments of 5 and then 10ft checking performance along the way. For 2.4GHz we start strong at 102Mbps at 5FT. Moving out to 10ft we see a slight performance drop to 91Mbps, and at 20ft we are down to 57Mbps. At 30ft we end testing at 46Mbps as any further we lose connection.
With 5GHz we start at 634.8Mbps and at 10 land at 631Mbps. Moving out to 20 feet we see performance drop to 340MBps and end at 135Mbps at 30 feet.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [ASUS GT-AX11000 Wi-Fi 6 Router]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Clone Wars season 7 coming February 2020 on Disney+
- The Mandalorian's new trailer is like a Star Wars western
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Spears return to Elder Scrolls in new Morrowind remaster mod Skywind
- Metro 2033 movie begins filming in 2020, due out by 2022
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best