MEG X399 CREATION Circuit Analysis Continued
MSI is using a Realtek ALC1220 rated for 120dB and contains an integrated headphone amplifier. MSI added in an OPA1652 amplifier and gold series audio capacitors to improve audio.
Two Intel i211AT Gbit NICs provide the two LAN ports on the rear IO. An Intel Wireless AC 9260 is also installed on the motherboard. We also find a two-port Pericom PI3EQX USB 3.1 re-driver and a Texas Instruments type-C port controller the HD3220 for the rear IO.
For the internal type-C header we find an ASMedia ASM3142 controller and an ASM1543 type-C controller. We also find four ASMedia ASM1464 USB 3.0 re-drivers to improve USB performance on the rear IO.
We also find an Nuvoton NCT6797D as the main SuperIO. The addressable RGB LEDs use a Nuvoton MCU, the NUC128NE.
The clock generator is the ICS BV0831A, and we find another, the ICS 9FGL1216AGLF and an ASMedia quick switch to choose between the two it seems. A single 128Mbit BIOS ROM is on the motherboard, and the chip labeled "504N" is used for the BIOS flashback capability.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and MEG X399 CREATION Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI MEG X399 CREATION Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI MEG X399 CREATION Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]