The MEG X399 CREATION shows us what it's got under the hood when we remove the heat sinks and shields.
Here we have the massive 16-phase VRM consisting of 70A Infineon TDA21472 power stages and controlled by the IR35201 in 8-phase mode.
We find eight IR3599 doublers on the rear of the motherboard. The SoC VRm is made up of three TDA21472 70A power stages and is controlled by an IR35204.
The memory VRMs are identical and use Texas Instruments CSD87350 NexFETs rated for 25A and are controlled by Primarion PV4210 digital PWMs.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and MEG X399 CREATION Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI MEG X399 CREATION Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI MEG X399 CREATION Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]