Packaging and Overview
The box and packaging are just as colorful as the motherboard itself!
The accessory package includes four SATA cables, MSI's AERO 4x M.2 card, WIFI antenna, IO shield, RGB extension splitter, three thermal probes, addressable RGB LED extensions, SLI HB bridge, stickers, manual, and bag.
There are a total of 10 fan headers on the motherboard. Two of them are default PWM mode and located at the top of the motherboard, they are circled in red. Eight of them are default DC mode and are circled in blue. Three temperature input ports are located on the motherboard and they are circled in green. All fan headers are hybrid DC/PWM headers, so you can change their modes. The motherboard features a pretty interesting, almost angelic theme. The back of the motherboard has some components on there.
The rear IO panel Clear CMOS button, BIOS recovery button, nine USB 3.0 ports, WIFI antenna connectors, two Gbit LAN ports, USB 3.0 type-C, and gold plated 7.1 audio ports with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is quite simple as there are so many PCI-E lanes from the CPU that switching of bandwidth is almost non-existent board-wide. The first and third metal reinforced x16 slots offers x16 PCI-E 3.0 full time, while the other two offers x8 PCI-E 3.0 all the time. Spacing is a bit weird, but optimized for two or three cards. All M.2 slots are x4 PCI-E and support SATA as well. They all have heat sinks too.
You need to unscrew a few screws from the PCH heat sink to access the M.2 ports. There are eight SATA6Gb/s ports on the motherboard as well as two right-angled USB 3.0 internal headers.
You also get a USB 3.1 type-C internal header. We find two USB 2.0 internal headers near power and reset buttons. We also find an OC knob for auto overclocking, and a POST code display for debugging. There is an addressable RGB LED header on the motherboard as well, and an RGB LED header in the bottom right corner of the motherboard.
Near the MOLEX power connector for extra power, we find an RGB LED header. At the top right corner of the motherboard we find two 8-pin power connectors, an RGB LED header, and a Corsair/addressable RGB LED header.
The heat sinks on this motherboard are well built, but use mass rather than fins.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch firmware update brings system to 8.0.1
- Fan hurls dead crab at Super Smash Bros. Pro Player in match
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets final DLC 'The Path home'
- GIGABYTE's new AERO 15 Classic notebook is 0.74 inches thick
- World War Z has managed to sell 250K copies on Epic Store
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)