Tyler's Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370 (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K (buy from Amazon)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 3200 (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i (buy from Amazon)
- Case: Corsair Air 540 (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250GB (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
Setup hasn't changed too much for now. We still start with the ASUS screen above.
Moving through setup, you will be greeted with a message for enabling 802.11ax HE frame support.
Once we are in, you will notice the interface is similar to past 802.11ac units. We have navigation on the left side pane with a dashboard interface in the center. For testing, this router was on firmware 126.96.36.199.384_5247
Moving down the list, we have AiProtection from Trend Micro along with parental controls.
Adaptive QoS is still a staple in the ASUS interface; this includes bandwidth monitoring and Web History.
Traffic analyzer gives higher insight into past and current traffic for each device.
Like many ASUS solutions, we still have USB application support with AiDIsk and media server's, printer and time machine along with 3G/4G WAN.
AiCloud takes ASUS storage platform to another level allowing you to access connected USB drives anywhere in the world.
Moving to advanced settings, we have Wi-Fi options with a drop down for changing bands. Across the top, we have higher level settings for WPS, WDS and Mac Filters.
The professional menu item allows you to configure high-level options.
Moving to LAN, we have the typical options across the top with LAN IP, DHCP server settings but the last menu option allows you to turn on Jumbo frame along with link aggregation.
We then move into WAN where you can enable Dual WAN for redundancy along with typical passthrough and DMZ options above.
Next up, we have the built-in firewall with the basic configuration at the top and more in-depth options in tabs above.
Last, we have Administration allowing you to select the operation mode. Along the top, we have system, firmware and restore options as well.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung delays Galaxy Fold, new release date not announced
- Disney could buy Nexon, adding huge value to its gaming arm
- Anthem's new stronghold comes tomorrow in latest update
- Prediction: new PS5 streaming service to blend games & film
- RAGE 2 is a live service game without multiplayer
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Intel wireless card not detcted in Beebox J3160
- OP Gaming Rangers Win The Faceit Global Summit: PUBG Classic
- Tigertron Releases Jupiter & Mars on Earth Day
- Zombotron has Landed in Stores!
- Header Bidding Manager platform breaking updates. April'19 release
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch