X399-Aorus Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis Continued
A Realtek ALC1220 audio codec is used in conjunction with an ESS Sabre 9018Q2C, and Nichicon audio capacitors.
A 10Gbit NBase-T AQC107 which offers up to 10Gbig, 5Gbit, 1Gbit, and 100Mbit speeds, and they added an Intel i211AT for Gbit LAN. An Intel Wireless AC 9260 rated up to 1.733Gbps with BT 5.0 is included.
Rear USB 3.1 comes from two ASMedia ASM3142 along with an ASM1543 switch that controls the type-C port. The internal USB 3.1 header gets re-driven USB 3.1 from a Pericom PI3EQX.
Above is the second ASM3142. We also find an ASMedia ASM1061 used to provide extra SATA ports.
A chip labeled BIOS is responsible for USB BIOS Flashback. One of the clock generators is the ICS 9VRS4883BKLF.
A second clock generator is the ICS 9DB833AGILF. An Aura chip controls RGB LEDs.
A STMicro STM32F is used to control the OLED. The ROG chip you see above is most likely used for OC features and to expand fan control and the like.
The main SUperIO is the IT8665E.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Zenith Extreme Alpha Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]