Packaging and Overview
ASUS's box and packaging are top notch.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, two weaved SATA 6Gbps cables, three thermistor cables, RGB extension cable, addressable RGB LED extension cable, ROG logo stickers, WIFI antenna, Q-Connector, M.2 screws, ROG thank you card, ROG coaster, SLI HB Bridge, dual function screwdriver, DIMM.2 with heat sink, ROG NODE, NODE power cable, NODE connector, NODE screw kit, USB with drivers, and manuals.
ASUS put seven fan headers on the motherboard, all of them are hybrid DC/PWM mode fans, one is occupied by the heat sink fans. The orange and blue fan headers are all rated 1A, but the blue share controls. The red and yellow headers offer 3A, but the yellow headers run full speed by default. The purple header is for the NODE, which extends fan control and offers more temperature input as well as RGB support. The two thermal probe input headers are circled in green. The motherboard has RGB accents, and all of the heat sinks and covers are metal, even over the audio section and the PCI-E area. The back of the motherboard has a heat sink for the back of the VRM and a shield on the right side of the motherboard.
The IO shield offers a clear CMOS button, a BIOS FlashBack button, WIFI antenna, eight USB 3.0 ports, 10G LAN, 1G LAN, three USB 3.1 typeA, USB 3.1 type-C, and gold plated audio with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout goes x16/x8/x16/x8, but if you use the M.2 slot under the PCI-E cover, it will take the x8 slot down to x4, and that's because ASUS decided to use one of the normal x4 that the M.2 slot would get from the CPU and give it to the 10G LAN and both USB 3.1 controllers on the rear IO. The x4 slot is wired to the chipset. The other two M.2 slots are on the DIMM.2 card and are connected to the CPU.
There are eight SATA6Gb/s ports on the motherboard along with a right-angled USB 3.0 internal header. There is a USB 3.1 (10Gbps) type-C internal header under the 24-pin power connector.
There are voltage read points behind the 24-pin connector., and right above them are power and reset buttons as well as an addressable RGB LED header and an RGB LED header. At the bottom right corner of the motherboard we find a Safe Boot button, a BIOS switch button, a slow mode switch, an RSVD switch (probably for cold bug), an LN2 mode jumper, a retry button, a NODE header, a USB 3.0 header, a water flow sensor header, and water temperature header (in and out).
At the bottom of the motherboard, we have an addressable RGB LED header, an RGB header, and two USB 2.0 headers. Behind the CPU socket, we find a hole so you can stick a thermal probe in there during LN2 overclocking.
The VRM heat sink has two fans in it that actively cool it. The heat sinks are very heavy and loaded with quality.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch firmware update brings system to 8.0.1
- Fan hurls dead crab at Super Smash Bros. Pro Player in match
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets final DLC 'The Path home'
- GIGABYTE's new AERO 15 Classic notebook is 0.74 inches thick
- World War Z has managed to sell 250K copies on Epic Store
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)