MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X
MSI, as usual, ramps up the GPU clock speeds on its higher-end GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X variant over the base spec line that NVIDIA has. We're looking at the TU116-based card rolling out with the same base GPU clock of 1530MHz but much higher boost GPU clock of 1860MHz over the 1785MHz base GPU clock.
The same 6GB of GDDR5 is clocked at 8Gbps on a 192-bit memory bus.
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 VENTUS XS
The MSI GeForce GTX 1660 VENTUS XS has its boost GPU clocks dropped a little over the GAMING X variant, at 1830MHz (down from 1860MHz) and uses a different cooler in the TORX Fan cooler over the higher-end TWIN FROZR 7 cooler on the GAMING X card.
It still has the same 6GB of GDDR5 at 8Gbps, with both cards using a single 8-pin PCIe power connector.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specs: TU116 vs GP106]
- Page 3 [Specs: MSI GTX 1660 GAMING X/VENTUS XS]
- Page 4 [Detailed Look]
- Page 5 [Test System Specs]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 10 [Thermals, Power, Noise]
- Page 12 [Performance Thoughts & Final Thoughts]