MSI keeps things a single degree cooler with the GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X over the GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X at 64C, a smidge over the 60C mark that would see the fans not spinning at all.
Power consumption is impressive for the card, with our entire system consuming only 172W average. If we compare this against the likes of the Radeon RX 590 at 290W, we see NVIDIA continuing to do amazing things here with their GPU architecture when it comes to performance per watt.
With the fans on auto I couldn't hear the card making much noise at all under gaming loads, and when under 60C the fans will disable completely for absolute silent use.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specs: TU116 vs GP106]
- Page 3 [Specs: MSI GTX 1660 GAMING X/VENTUS XS]
- Page 4 [Detailed Look]
- Page 5 [Test System Specs]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 10 [Thermals, Power, Noise]
- Page 12 [Performance Thoughts & Final Thoughts]