Installation and Finished Product
As the instructions show us to, we first installed the brackets to both sides of the base on the cooler. Each bracket requires a single screw to secure it, but be mindful to ensure the bends near the end of the brackets goes away from the cooler so that the mounting holes align properly.
The next thing to do would be to install the backplate. It is designed to go only one way, with the ARCTIC name at the top, and the hole at the bottom for the socket screw. The threaded inserts are long enough, that when pressed onto the motherboard, they should protrude through the other side by a millimeter or two.
After applying the paste to the CPU HIS, set the cooler in place, and drop the screws through the top bracket, and secure them to the backplate. As with any cooler, apply pressure evenly as you set the screws, and when they run out of threads, mounting of the cooler is complete. Reinstall the fans on the appropriate sides of the cooler, plug them in, and you are good to go.
If we were to go back to air cooling on our daily drive, we would prefer a single-tower design such as this. It is designed not to encroach on anything surrounding the CPU, and while you do have to consider overall height, 150mm of cooler will fit in many cases out there.
It doesn't matter if you need to populate the closest slot to the CPU or all of them. ARCTIC made sure that not only the tower of the cooler cleared the memory, but even with the fan and spacers used to help with airflow, the fan slid in behind them without any fuss.
Even though ARCTIC opted to use a pair of fans on the Freezer 33 eSports Edition cooler, it has no bearing on access to important things that need done after the cooler is installed. There is clear access for the 8-pin CPU connection, and even room to connect the fan if you forgot to do it ahead of putting the motherboard into the case.
The Freezer 33 eSports Edition is a spectacular edition to the test bench setup. Just the right amount of red to carry the theme from the chassis, motherboard, and RAM across more of the build. While we do still have the results to go over, based on looks alone, the Freezer 33 eSports Edition CPU cooler could be the perfect aesthetic addition to any white, yellow, green, or red themed system.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports Edition CPU Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports Edition CPU Cooler retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports Edition CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Castle Crashers smashes its way onto PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider FINALLY receives RTX/DLSS patch
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today