Maximus XI Formula Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio solution consists of a Realtek ALC1220 an ESS9023P DAC, a Texas Instruments RC4580 amplifier, and Gold series Nichicon audio capacitors.
We find Intel's i219v used for Gbit LAN and Intel's Wireless AC 9560 used for the 1.733Gbps WIFI/BT5. The Aquantia AQC111C is used on this motherboard and takes a single PCI-E 3.0 lane, it's the first time this 5Gbit LAN controller has popped up for us.
At the rear of the motherboard, we find two Pericom PI3EQX dual channel USB 3.1 re-drivers that output to the four ports on the rear IO. An ASMedia ASM1543 is used as the type-C switch chip. The internal type-C USB 3.1 header gets a single channel PI3EQX and another ASMedia ASM1543.
On the Rear IO panel, we find four ASMedia ASM1464 USB 3.0 re-drivers to help repeat the USB 3.0 signals from the PCH to the rear IO. The other two USB 3.0 ports come from an ASMedia ASm1042 USB 3.0 controller.
An ASMedia ASM1074 USB 3.0 hub is used for the two internal USB 3.0 headers. We also find a Genesys USB 2.0 hub for the internal headers labeled GL852.
The Aura chip controls the RGB LED headers while the STM32 microcontroller seems to help with the OLED display. The motherboard also features an IDT6V41638B clock generator.
A Nuvoton NCT6798D is used as the SuperIO controller. The motherboard features BIOS FlashBack and the BIOS chip is responsible for that.
The TPU chip is used to improve fan control and other system attributes that are custom to the motherboard. The motherboard uses ASMedia ASM1480 for quick switches.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus XI Formula Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus XI Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus XI Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk wants to 'nuke Mars', DOOM dev will lend him the BFG 10000
- Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion reborn in Skyrim's engine, looks enchanting
- Dragon Age 4 is the 'definitive Dragon Age experience,' producer says
- Authorized antivirus & security keys + Windows 10 Pro for under $12
- BioWare loses another veteran Mass Effect and Dragon Age developer
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director