The Maximus XI Formula shows us the goods with the heat sinks removed!
The VRM is in an 8+2 phase configuration here, the eight phases for the CPU each share a PWM channel, so it's four PWM channels being doubled to eight through double components. The DrMOS integrated power stages as the Vishay Siliconix 50A power stages, and we find the Micro-Fine alloy chokes to go with them.
ASUS is Using the ASP1400, which can also be found on the Maximus IX Formula and STRIX Z370-G Gaming. We think it's a Richtek PWM controller, as used on the Maximus IX Formula (Z270) as the pin-out is identical for most of the component layout (resistors and capacitors).
The VCCSA and VCCIO are controlled and provided by A single phase VRM and a POL. The memory VRM is similar to other high-end ASUS motherboards in a two phase configuration using a Digi+ ASP1103 as the PWM controller with integrated drivers.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus XI Formula Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus XI Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus XI Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Castle Crashers smashes its way onto PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider FINALLY receives RTX/DLSS patch
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today