Packaging and Overview
The box and packaging are very similar to other ASRock X399 motherboards.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, WIFI bracket, an SLI HB bridge, M.2 screws, IO shield, Post Card, manuals, and driver DVD.
There are five fan headers on this motherboard, the one circled in red is a CPU fan header that works in PWM mode and is rated up to 1A. The other four headers circled in blue are 2A hybrid PWM/DC mode headers and can work in their mode. The VRM heat sink extends towards the IO through a heat pipe and covers up the IO's silver metal. The motherboard's aesthetics are a mixture of black and red and gray silk screen. The back of the motherboard is pretty bare, except for some components that have been moved to the back to make the PCB look cleaner.
The rear IO panel we find a PS/2 keyboard/mouse, eight USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, Gbit LAN, 2.5Gbit LAN, and 7.1 gold plated audio with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is quite simple as all three x16 slots are wired x16. There are a few M.2 slots on the motherboard covered by heat sinks, except this one.
The motherboard also features an M.2 WIFI slot. All the M.2 slots support x4 PCI-E 3.0, but only one supports SATA6Gb/s.
There are eight SATA6Gb/s ports on the motherboard. The motherboard also features a USB 3.0 internal header and a single USB 2.0 header near the middle of the board.
At the top of the motherboard we find the RGB LED header. There are two USB 2.0 internal headers at the bottom near the Clear CMOS button, power button, and reset button. There is another USB 3.0 internal header here too.
We find a right angled HD audio header as well as an addressable RGB LED header and an RGB LED header. There are two 8-pin power connectors on the motherboard.
The heat sinks on this motherboard are decent, everything looks like its making solid contact.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock X399 Phantom Gaming 6 (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends first Battle Pass launches on March 19
- Unity teams with NVIDIA for RTX-based real-time ray tracing
- This Millennium Falcon SNES, NES console is epic
- Starfield could be the star of Bethesda's E3 2019
- Information that your Internet Service Provider stores
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- here at personate in a apologetic irregardless by recognition
- foreign wish over wit at diggings in the incite
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!
- Adventure Is Around Every Corner In One Piece World Seeker
- Ancestors Legacy is now available on GOG with Cross-play integration
- Buckle Up, Buttercup: Skybound And NMC Studios' Vehicular Battle Royale Game notmycar hits Steam Early Access April 5th
- Haggle Your Way to Riches in Bargain Hunter for Nintendo Switch