Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio solution consists of a Realtek ALC1220 rated up to 120dB with integrated amplifier going to the rear IO panel, an added NE5532 for front audio amplification, and Gold series audio capacitors.
We find Realtek's 2.5Gbit Gaming LAN controller on the back of the motherboard, RTL8125. The two other Gbit NICs are from Intel; an i219v and an i211AT.
The front USB 3.0 internal headers are from an ASMedia ASM1074 hub. The ASMedia ASM1562 is a re-driver for the USB 3.1 internal header, and we find an ASM1543 type-C switch on the back for that internal header.
For the rear IO type-C port, we find another ASM1543, and the two dual-port PI3EQX are re-drivers for the USB 3.1 from the PCH.
An ASM1061 is used to provide two extra SATA6Gb/s ports on the motherboard. We have a Hyper BCLK chip on the motherboard as well, which is used for BCLK overclocking.
To get extra PCI-E for the WIFI, SATA, and PCI-E x1 slots, ASRock added in an ASMedia ASM1184e hub. An NCT6791D SuperIO is used for IO, and a nuvoton NCT5567D is used to expand fan control.
We find two BIOS ROMs on this motherboard, they are 128Mbit/16MB. We also find the Intel Wireless AC 9260NGW WIFI card on this motherboard.
A nuvoton N76E885 is used for RGB LEDs. ASRock is using ASMedia ASM1480 quick switches to move around PCI-E bandwidth.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA to host Reddit 'Ask Me Anything!' Aug 26th, Flat Earthers rally
- NASA's ISS upgraded, now sends/receives data at 75 megabytes a second
- The 'Lady and the Tramp' live-action remake airs on Disney+, Nov 12th
- Clickbait is real, Netflix thriller looks at dark side of social media
- President Trump wants to NUKE HURRICANES to stop them hitting the US
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best