Packaging and Overview
The box is using the new Phantom Gaming decor.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, WIFI antenna, SLI HB bridge, rear IO shield, M.2 screws, Post Card, Driver DVD, manual, and a case badge.
ASRock has increased the number of fan headers to a total of eight, while older boards only had five. All the headers circled in blue are hybrid PWM/DC mode headers rated up to 2A, the one header circled in red is a PWM header and is rated 1A.
The motherboard's black and gray aesthetics have been changed up a bit so that there is some red in it, which is iconic of ASRock's gaming line.
The rear IO panel features WIFI antenna, three USB 3.1 type-A ports (two are normal blue under the non-red NIC port), USB 3.1 type-C port, four USB 3.0 ports, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, Clear CMOS, DisplayPort, HDMI, 2.5G LAN, two 1G LAN, and gold plated 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF.
The PCI-E layout is as follows, x16/x0/x0, x8/x8/x0, or x8/x4/x4. The bottommost M.2 slot has a heat sink.
All the M.2 slots are rated up to x4 PCI-E 3.0 and offer SATA mode, and they all share lanes with the SATA ports from the PCH. There are eight SATA6Gb/s ports.
There is also a USB 3.1 type-C header on the motherboard and two internal headers for USB 3.0. There is a power button, reset button, and POST code display on the motherboard.
At the bottom of the motherboard, we find a USB 2.0 internal header, a half USB 2.0 internal header, a Thunderbolt GPIO header, and an RGB LED header. Further to the left, we find an addressable RGB LED header, and another RGB LED header.
At the top of the motherboard, we find an 8-pin CPU power port and an optional 4-pin port. The heat sinks make good contact with the motherboard.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]