Workload Performance Testing
The products we're testing today fit a special slice of the enterprise market where the workload requires high transaction rates at very high queue depths. Busy database and OLTP servers are more common for these workloads, but high-frequency trading also falls into this category.
The two ZET drives scale well under this workload with the larger model showing a slight advantage thanks to its higher random write speed.
The drives show storage performance up to the point where increased latency compounds and reduces the transaction rate.
The Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) test is similar to the database test but uses larger data block sizes for the high transaction rate workload.
It would be difficult to recommend the products we tested today for email servers, but we like to use a standard set of tests that allows our readers to compare all products against the same workloads.
The archival test is by far the most brutal in the workload series. This test uses several block sizes with both sequential and random access. The access specification (workload) comes from Dell's 2016-updated storage test suite used by the company for internal testing.
Even with the lowest latency NVMe SSDs shipping today, the preconditioning shows varied results with a lot of inconsistency.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The Samsung 983 ZET Z-NAND SSD retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Yep, Dying Light 2 has been confirmed to have ray tracing tech
- 'Exciting' Age of Empires IV news teed up for Gamescom 2019
- Watch Dogs: Legion also receives RTX ray tracing upgrades
- NVIDIA taking COD: Modern Warfare graphics to never before seen levels
- SpaceX's cosmic Roadster driver 'Starman' completes first lap of Sun
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director