Packaging and Overview
The box and packaging are basic, but it gets the job done.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s, IO shield, driver DVD, and manuals.
BIOSTAR put in three PWM mode fan headers circled in red, but we are not sure if they will support DC fan (3pin) control. The aesthetics are straightforward black on black with the important VRM parts covered by a heat sink. The back of the motherboard is pretty bare, but that's a good thing. We do see some solder strips around the VRM area, these should help cool down the VRMs.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 keyboard, two USB 3.0 ports, VGA port, DVI port, HDMI port, USB 3.1 type-A port, USB 3.1 type-C port, two USB 2.0 ports, Gbit LAN, and 7.1 audio jacks.
Here we find the PCI-E slot arrangement, the first slot is wired directly to the CPU. The second x16 is electrically x4 and will go down to x2 when using the x1 PCI-E slots. The M.2 slot is x4 wired to the CPU, so 32Gbps, and when it is in use, two of the SATA ports are disabled.
Four of the six SATA6Gb/s ports are right-angled. In the bottom right corner we find a USB 3.0 internal header, front case connector headers, and two USB 2.0 internal headers.
At the top right corner, we find two RGB LED headers. At the bottom of the motherboard, we find two SATA6Gb/s ports, a COM header, and a dual BIOS selection switch.
The motherboard features an 8-pin power connector at the top of the motherboard. The heat sinks use push pins, but pressure looks good.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and B450GT3 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR B450GT3 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR B450GT3 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk wants to 'nuke Mars', DOOM dev will lend him the BFG 10000
- Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion reborn in Skyrim's engine, looks enchanting
- Dragon Age 4 is the 'definitive Dragon Age experience,' producer says
- Authorized antivirus & security keys + Windows 10 Pro for under $12
- BioWare loses another veteran Mass Effect and Dragon Age developer
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director