Affordable: We found varying prices for this motherboard online, ranging from under $100 to just above $100, and we think that's a very fair price of this motherboard. The motherboard has a lot of the features that are from the chipset, and while it doesn't add many extras, you can't expect more at this price range.
Video Output Variety: I was recently consulting a small business on upgrading their hardware, and we ran into a predicament. The client wanted to keep their monitors, but they all use the traditional VGA (D-SUB), and the issue then became, where can we find systems with VGA or at least DVI, as active adapters cost money. Biostar provides not only DVI and VGA, but also HDMI, so if you use one of AMD's APUs you will have no problem getting it to work with your monitor.
Dual BIOS: I wouldn't have expected dual BIOS ROMs on a $100 motherboard, but this motherboard has it.
Power Limits in BIOS: When we tried overclocking we saw our CPU pulled no more than 130W, which is way below where it should be. We figured it's one of two things, VRM temperature safety mechanism or current throttling, both of which are used to protect the VRMs when people mismatch a powerful CPU and low-cost motherboards. However, we would have liked to at least see current level control in the UEFI, as many people can actively cool the VRMs (as we did).
Sitting here, thinking about how to rate and what to say about this motherboard leaves us with a slight conflict. Yea, it's definitely not high-end, but it also offers everything you might want in an affordable low-cost AM4 motherboard.
While our 2700X proved to be a bit much for the motherboard, something like an APU like a 2400G or 2200G would be excellent for this product, plus motherboards like this aren't meant to be great overclockers. We liked how BIOSTAR included all of the platform features, including USB 3.1 Gen 2, as well as good expansion options for down the road.
The audio performed slightly better than expected, and we found the other connectivity options were well implemented. If you are looking for an affordable entry-level B450 mATX motherboard with a lot of value, give the Biostar B450GT3 a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||90%|
The Bottom Line: If you are looking for an affordable entry-level B450 mATX motherboard with a lot of value, give the Biostar B450GT3 a look.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and B450GT3 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR B450GT3 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR B450GT3 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Castle Crashers smashes its way onto PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider FINALLY receives RTX/DLSS patch
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today