Playing the Resident Evil 2 Remake is like watching a marathon of the best horror movies. The greats are all here; disgusting Cronenberg monstrosities fused with humans and writhing slimy tumors, the dark cinematography of Craven, the stark colors of Hitchcock's noir style, the ominous mind-warping slaughterhouse fear from a Hooper flick, the raw paranoia of a Carpenter film, and the classic overwhelming shambling presence of Romero's immortal Night of the Living Dead.
This game shoves you in your own cinematic slice of hell and you're directing the scenes, and it's so immersive you often forget you're actually playing. With this game, Capcom prove to be the undisputed kings of terror and have found a way to perfectly encapsulate the thrilling magic of everything scary.
The developers have clearly spent an incredible amount of time immaculately crafting the game's environments, visuals, lighting, and sound--everything is oozing with atmosphere and blends perfectly into the overall experience. This is Capcom's macabre masterpiece that's painted in blood, psychological terror, and all the other dark hues and colors that all interactive horror media strives to achieve.
Not only does the RE2 Remake harken back to the golden age of PlayStation gaming, but it revitalizes it in a way that's easily accessible and consumable, and redolent with fear-inducing action to keep us up at night.
If you absolutely love spooky movies and enjoy putting yourself in mental duress for entertainment, then you absolutely can't miss this one. Play it with the lights out, with headphones on, and try not to warp your mind too much.
Resident Evil 2 Remake ignites that primal excitement within all of us and feeds that internal hunger for razors-edge chaos. Raw silvery fear cuts through the fog of the game's abandon-all-hope malaise like a scalpel, letting a kind of strange corruption bleed through. It's here where we revel in the terror and weirdness Capcom has summoned, and here where the true curse and magic of all horror lies.
- Amazing graphics and visuals
- Stellar sound design adds new dimension of horror
- Visceral, brutal gore and mayhem
- Boss fights are a rush
- Facial animations are incredible
- Multi-dimensional terror that goes beyond simple jump scares
- Mr. X is utterly horrifying
- Refined running and shooting mechanics
- Unique environment layouts keep you on your toes
- Mr. X can be super annoying at times
- Aiming can be wonky
- Easy to get lost
Product Summary Breakdown
|Visuals and Graphics||95%|
|Game Mechanics & Combat||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: Resident Evil 2 Remake is the most terrifying game I've ever played, and is a must-have for any horror fans. Play it in the dark with headphones on.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Resident Evil 2 Remake: Fright Night retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Resident Evil 2 Remake: Fright Night retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Formula of Fright]
- Page 3 [Rat in a Maze: Mechanics, Environments, and More]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The 'Lady and the Tramp' live-action remake airs on Disney+, Nov 12th
- Clickbait is real, Netflix thriller looks at dark side of social media
- President Trump wants to NUKE HURRICANES to stop them hitting the US
- HPE's new supercomputer will help NASA run Crysis on the Moon
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 will also use CRYENGINE, will have modding
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best