Tons of features: The Taichi Ultimate has a serious number of features, including all platform features and those expanded upon by hubs. ASRock added in an extra SATA controller for two more ports, a hub so there are two internal USB 3.0 headers, and that's on top of the four NICs the motherboard has.
Networking: ASRock added in two Gbit Intel LAN ports, and Intel's Wireless AC 9260, which is actually a 2x2 controller. We typically find Intel's 1x1 controllers on ASRock's motherboard, but this time they moved things up a notch and added in the latest and greatest Intel WIFI card they could. The motherboard also features the Aquantia 10Gbit AQC107 controller, which is nice to see here.
Solid VRM: ASRock's VRM on this motherboard has been upgraded from the Z370 Taichi through the use of Texas Instruments NexFETs over those other lower specced units from Sinopower or Fairchild. We see some of these Sinopower MOSFETs used in the memory VRM, but that's fine. The VRM heat sink seems to do a solid job as per VRM thermal testing.
None: Couldn't find anything, maybe it's a bit pricey compared to the normal Taichi?
Many people have loved the ASRock Taichi series for years, and for good reason. ASRock's Taichi series motherboards offer excellent value, features, and performance and aren't too pricey. In this case, ASRock delivers with the Taichi, and then tossed in high-end 10Gbit NIC.
In the past ASRock has done this on their Performance Gaming 9 series, but it seems like they have taken the popularity of the Taichi brand name and renamed that model. There is a Phantom Gaming 9 motherboard as well, but that is much more tailored to gamers. Overall, if you want a solid all-around motherboard with 10Gbit LAN for your 9900K, give this motherboard a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: Loaded with a 10Gbit NIC, a very good VRM, and tons of features, the ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate is made to be serious and get the job done.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z390 Taichi Ultimate Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5