Z390 Aorus Xtreme Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio solution consists of a Realtek ALC1220 rated up to 120dB and supports an integrated headphone AMP. That wasn't enough for this high-end motherboard so GIGABYTE added in a ESS9018K2M 127db rated DAC, separate left/right signal channel processing, automatic impedance sensing, a solid state oscillator, WIMA film capacitors, Gold series audio capacitors, a dedicated Texas Instruments step up converter for the OPA1622 amplifiers, an anti-pop relay (you will hear a click on the back), and even independent analog power to improve audio.
The 10Gbit NBase-T NIC is the Aquantia AQC107, which supports 10G, 5G, 2.5G, 1G, and 100M speeds. The i219v PHY provides the 1Gbit NIC.
Wireless AC comes from an Intel Wireless AC 9560NGW, which supports up to 1.733Gbps. An Intel JHL7540 Thunderbolt 3 controller is used with two Texas Instruments TPS659 type-C switch and power delivery controllers to produce the two rear type-C Thunderbolt 3 ports. It uses the new controller that offers two type-C ports and uses two PCI-E 3.0 lanes.
The internal type-C USB 3.1 header uses a Pericom PI3EQX re-driver and Texas Instruments HD3220 type-C controller. The GL883A is the controller that handles Quick Charge 3.0 and Apple Fast charge, and it's part of the USB TurboCharger feature on the motherboard and includes two step up converters from MPS.
Four more PI3EQX re-drivers can be found on the rear panel for the USB 3.1 type-A ports. A GL8505 USB 2.0 hub is found at the rear of the motherboard and at the bottom to expand USB 2.0 capabilities.
The Realtek RTS5411 USB 3.0 hub expands internal USB 3.0. An ASMedia ASM1184e expands PCI-E, as it's a PCI-E hub, for lower bandwidth use for things such as PCI-E x1 slots.
The main SuperIO is the IT8688E. An IT8795 is used to expand fan control.
The IT8951 is used to provide USB BIOS recovery if required. The dual BIOS also offers the ability to replace one of the 128Mbit BIOS ROMs.
The IT8297FN offers addressable RGB LED control, and the IDT 6V41630 is used to enhance BCLK overclocking.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Xtreme (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z390 Aorus Xtreme Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Xtreme Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Xtreme Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- PlayStation 5 rumor: $399 price with AMD Zen 2 and Navi tech
- Sony's huge 98-inch 8K TV costs $70,000, perfect for PS5
- Samsung delays Galaxy Fold, new release date not announced
- Disney could buy Nexon, adding huge value to its gaming arm
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Casio G-SHOCK Unveils Latest Translucent Watches With New Clear Skeleton Series
- GoPro Schedules First Quarter 2019 Financial Results for May 9, 2019
- BlackBerry KEY2 Red Edition Now Available In The United States
- Sonim Launches XP3 Flip Phone on AT&T Network and FirstNet Communications Platform
- Canon Celebrates Its 10th Year in Supporting the Arbor Day Foundation and Its Reforestation Program