Excellent VRM and cooling: The VRM on the Z390 Aorus Xtreme is the best GIGABYTE has to offer for the Z390 motherboard. The only thing better than this triple heat pipe over-engineered yet effective heat sink would be the Waterforce edition of the motherboard.
Fans and Aorus Fan Commander: GIGABYTE has added more fan headers for a total of eight on this motherboard, and with that comes full control in the slightly revamped UEFI and through GIGABYTE's software. However, adding to that is Aorus's Fan Commander that can support up to eight more fans and offers full addressable or normal RGB LED control. If you are watercooling with multiple radiators, then this is a perfect motherboard for you.
Aesthetics: GIGABYTE's RGB LEDs on this motherboard are beautiful and produce an amazing effect. The VRM heat sink is also pretty cool looking.
Price: The GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Xtreme is a very pricey motherboard at $550.
The Z390 Aorus Xtreme is one of the most loaded Z390 motherboards on the market. From the VRM to the extra features, GIGABYTE hit the nail on the head quite well. We really like the inclusion of the Aorus Fan Commander, which is perfect for water cooling.
The OC Panel is also a nice touch in case you want to get into extreme overclocking, although we would have liked to see a slightly longer cable for it. The right-angled USB 3.0 and 24-pin ATX power connectors are a very nice touch, but keep in mind your case will need to provide both of those enough clearance.
We loved the RGB LEDs on this motherboard, and making them all addressable was a very nice touch, since the rainbow effect is one of our favorites. While you will drop a pretty large sum of money on this motherboard, it's one of the best you can buy for the Z390 platform.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: Loaded with more features, quality, and performance than any other motherboard we have encountered, the Z390 Aorus Xtreme is one of the best motherboards we have looked at.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Xtreme (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z390 Aorus Xtreme Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Xtreme Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Xtreme Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- PlayStation 5 rumor: $399 price with AMD Zen 2 and Navi tech
- Sony's huge 98-inch 8K TV costs $70,000, perfect for PS5
- Samsung delays Galaxy Fold, new release date not announced
- Disney could buy Nexon, adding huge value to its gaming arm
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Casio G-SHOCK Unveils Latest Translucent Watches With New Clear Skeleton Series
- GoPro Schedules First Quarter 2019 Financial Results for May 9, 2019
- BlackBerry KEY2 Red Edition Now Available In The United States
- Sonim Launches XP3 Flip Phone on AT&T Network and FirstNet Communications Platform
- Canon Celebrates Its 10th Year in Supporting the Arbor Day Foundation and Its Reforestation Program