Test System System
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+
Memory: 2x 512MB Corsair DDR-533
Hard Disk: 2x Seagate 7200.9 in RAID 0 (Supplied by Seagate)
Graphics Card: 2x nVidia GeForce 7800GT (Supplied by ASUS)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP2
Drivers: nVidia ForceWare 84.21 and nForce4 AMD/Intel X16 6.85
As we mentioned in the introduction, we are comparing the ABIT AN8 32x against the Albatron K8SLI, which is based on the older nVidia nForce 4 SLI chipset that uses two slower 8x PCI Express ports for SLI graphics.
We're expecting to see the ABIT AN8 32x come out in front since it uses two 16x full speed PCI Express ports for SLI.
Let's continue on and see how the ABIT motherboard performs against the Albatron solution.
Version and / or Patch Used: 2005 SR3
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
ABIT gets a slight lead in memory performance. We checked this because of the memory controller being located on the CPU and performance should almost be exactly the same.
The reason is that ABIT's clock gen runs the CPU slightly above 200MHz when at CPU default speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz