Inside the Box
Previous ABIT product boxes have been little more than a case to hold their goods with little info about the product or any pictures. Unless you have had a look at their stuff on the web or have an understanding computer store that will let you view it before you decide on it, you were going to have a hard time with guessing what you are getting.
ABIT's AN8-32X is packed in a green box with a colourful drawing on the front of the board setup in a SLI configuration.
The back is a different story. ABIT has put a bit more into its marketing and design of the box for the latest series of boards to come from their factories. On the back you get a look at the board as well as some technical specs of the features as well as what the board is able to achieve for SLI configurations - a far better way in the information age.
ABIT doesn't stop there; inside the box you get a rather broad range of accessories and documentation. ABIT provides three separate manuals. The most important is the instruction booklet on the board for setup, location of components and all the goodies that the ABIT board provides. The second manual is for the uGURU feature set under BIOS and Windows, explaining what these little extras give you. The final manual is a quick installation guide, if you don't want to wade thought the book to know all the ins and outs, this will get the more technical-minded up and going in minutes.
Next on the hit list is the software bundle. ABIT provides one CD and three floppy disks. The CD contains the Windows drivers as well as the uGURU software as well as the bundled Norton Antivirus software and other various goodies you may like to install. The first of the floppies contains the Windows 2000, XP and XP64 drivers for the Silicon Image 3132 controller chip as if you have your boot drive on this controller, you will need these drivers to make Windows detect it when installing. The second floppy comes with Windows XP and 2000 nVidia RAID drivers. The final disk comes with XP64 nVidia RAID drivers.
Lastly we come to the cable set. ABIT provides a healthy set with two IDE, one FDD and six SATA data cables. Included also is a SLI bridge connector, a PCI cover slot to hold the bridge in place if you transport your PC around, this will help prevent the bridge chip falling off. Lastly is the I/O shield plate, as ABIT uses a non-standard port layout to the ATX specifications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter teases trailer, will drop today
- Dark Souls Remastered: new trailer and discount announcement
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus comes to Switch, June 29
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit